Mr. Kim has more than twenty years of experience in corporate, transactional and securities matters, with an emphasis on manufacturing, technology and healthcare clients. Mr. Kim has significant expertise in formation of corporation and limited liability companies; mergers and acquisitions, including asset and stock transactions; private securities offerings, including venture capital financings and drafting private placement memoranda; credit agreements; real estate purchases, sales and leases; and complying with U.S. franchise laws.
Mr. Kim often serves as general outside counsel to entrepreneurs, early-stage companies and middle market companies with growing legal needs as their businesses grow.
Harvard College (A.B., 1986)
New York University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Represented buyers of $28 million bank loans secured by real estate and workout of the loans after the debtor filed for bankruptcy
- Acquisition of Doosan America Corp. by Lotte Liquor BG Group Co. Ltd. as part of Lotte’s acquisition of Doosan’s global alcoholic beverage business
- Reorganization of Hanwha Group’s manufactured stone wholesale operations in U.S. as Hanwha L&C USA LLC
- Sale of preserved meats manufacturing assets by Itoham America, Inc., a subsidiary of Itoham Foods, Inc., a Japanese corporation, to Columbus Manufacturing, Inc.
- Purchase of real estate by T3 Micro, Inc., a manufacturer of high-end hair dryers
- Initial investors’ round of financing for Opposing Views, Inc., which operates the opposingviews.com website
- Representation of joint venture partners including Seniorco, Inc., a subsidiary of PacifiCare Health Systems, Inc. and CPQ Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Compaq Corporation, and PDJ Ventures LLC in formation and $14 million capitalization of a seniors oriented website.
- Member, Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, International Association of Korean Lawyers